Blog Rating

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Beautiful Day

On September 22nd I attended a wedding. It was outdoors in a secluded setting nestled away in the foothills of the Adirondacks.

Nate- Nate and Aletha

They could not have picked a better day.

They could not have picked a better half.

To make whole.

I worked, debated and learned a lot from Aletha during the time we shared at the phoenix i never got the impression she was incomplete, but now she is simply more complete, like more polished or like a painting that just doesn't need any more strokes.

Nate seemed a bit detached but that is my interpretation of his well told story. I realized, after some eye contact that he is a very loving man and I got excited for my new friend(Aletha).
The world is full of choices, options; some are working simultaneously( quantam stuff), they slowed their worlds down to see each other. There is still romance , there is destiny, there is such a thing as a soulmate.

I thank them for the very healthy reminder.

They assembled a special group of people to witness their union and I was honored to be among them.

The Love flowed.

It was visible through the music.

The conversation.

The food.

I even got to meet the guy who invented the word 'cool'.

I really enjoyed September 22nd

Another beautiful day in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave what i so appreciate about you is that you take each day as its own. You enter that day and take it all in and provide vivid descriptions of your experience. Wow imagine your son reading this 10, 15, 20 years from now. What a gift. You are a living legacy.

A.D.

David B. Dancy said...

It felt really good reading your message , I will wake up tommorow with joy because of it.

Anonymous said...

The world is full of choices, options; some are working simultaneously( quantam stuff), they slowed their worlds down to see each other. What a profoundly true thing to write. A refreshing blast of fresh air. Your sensitive insights are so necessary. I'm glad you're a voice in the blogging community.
(p.s., I often have difficulty posting comments on your site, probably because I'm not a blogspot blogger)

Chuck said...

"I even got to meet the guy who invented the word 'cool'."

Huh? :)

Hey, thanks for stopping over & commenting. Much appreciated!

GangStarr Girl said...

1. I love weddings!!!

2. Am I too late with some Fat Joe questions? If not here are some:

a. What's the deal with Terror Squad? Who's actually still repping besides you?

b. Make it rain definitely deviated from the typical Fat Joe sound and leaned more a southern sounding formula. What will some of your new stuff sound like?

c. You're cool with Ghostface. Do you see a Ghostface/Fat Joe collabo in the future?

I hope those help if it's not too late!