Blog Rating

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Letter to No Slappz

I have finished my freelance assignments early. Now I have a little time to address my new friend

No Slappz.

No Slappz with his crack research crew took it upon themselves to launch an internet salvo.
It was an attack on my post- As American As Apple Pie.

I was under deadline early because of Thanksgiving; I also had to keep Barry Max. I simply could not dedicate the proper time to respond accordingly. They took liberty with very assumptive language, belittling my post and turning it into an indictment on the black community.

Statistics are great. I use them when I see fit. The whole world of statistics is a science within itself. I do not want to get into the minutae of their attack.

Read As American As Apple Pie after you are done read the comments and see why the NAZI's did so well with propaganda.

It is o.k I have time today and I love a good fight. That trait is indicative of my violent black pathology.

I have absolutely no contempt for these aggressive wordsmiths. In fact, I am a little impressed at the level of dedication and preperation that goes into each post.

I meant, comment to my post.

I read their blog. One of them writes a paragraph and posts articles written by someone else. He claims he is an engineer but his profile says finance. He writes posts debunking the concept of 'Peak Oil'.

They are bored or obviously insane.

They are beyond reproach.

They are anonymous blowhards or soft.

They blow.

My post As American As Apple Pie really got under their skin.
I will stand by what I wrote sans the geopolitical references that they attempted to introduce into the conversation; they tried the same with dire statistics on (human)Black pathologies.
I will stick to the point that unnerved him/her.
Lynching was a White American pastime.

There is no defense.

In the interest of a good argument I will address some of his absurd statements.

No Slappz said: "It always fascinates me when people are driven to dredge up the past".

I do not see what is so fascinating? History is taught in school and Universities all over America. Is that called dredging up the past? Maybe that is why you use the plural -people- instead of referring to me specifically you are referring to the practice of studying history why does that fascinate you? I guess writing about one the overlooked subjects of American history could be considered dredging- I honestly limited the act of dredging to canals.

No Slappz says "Fabrications do happen. Bizarre and unreal beliefs overcome reality each day"?

I do not know what that means. I guess I could consult a witch doctor on the bizarre beliefs overcoming reality or take another toke. Or maybe just ask no slappz what the hell he meant.

No Slappz says -"But there is no doubt Blacks were lynched"

" I guess he read the post"

No Slappz says- " What value is there in in attempts to produce contemporary guilt...."

There is no value; if you are guilty, do some soul searching.

Attempt - successful

No Slappz says- "Meanwhile Federal prosecutors went overboard a few years ago to convict Martin de la Beckwith for some racist murders in like 1960"

de la Beckwith killed children- you may not know but it was little difficult to convict a white man for killing a black person in the 1960's unless it was Martin Luther King that is why he was tried several times. But while you are on the subject of overboard I think you should know Federal prosecutors do not work on boats.


No Slappz says: I think the subtext of your post is to give agreement to the notion that whatever problems beset the black community today, these problems can all be traced back to slavery or lynchings. Thus you support of Victimization Mythology.

I cannot' give agreement to a notion' whatever that is. But I can document a barbaric practice and put it in the proper perspective. I am convinced your childlike sensibilities were threatened by the sheer brutality of the acts I am also sure you have done a little research since I wrote the post. You also seem to be unaware of hate crime statistics .

Good for you.
Attempt-successful

No slappz says: But contemporary problems in the black community are self-generated, self inflicted.

Community-group of people
Self- individual
Do you see where I am going? Communities cannot act as individuals. I am sure there are people within, what you call the black community, who can perform a self-generated or self-inflicted act.
That was such a lame sentence - for the whole world to see.

I have time today; I just hope you respond.....beeeeoooch!!!

No Slappz says- "It might be worth noting that six million jews were exterminated"

I agree, it might be. If the post was on genocide or The Holocaust I would revisit the tragic events But I am more interested in your language.

Exterminated?

Roaches are exterminated, termites are exterminated . The NAZI's used that term. Your emotional detachment is apparent in your choice of words.

I suggest you read a little WEB Du Bois

7 comments:

eyemkmootoo said...

For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, I don't think No-slappz is rushing to the library right now to check out some WEB Du Bois.

no_slappz said...

Since you are now blocking my posts, my responses will probably disappear. Thus, this one will be short.

What are you afraid of?

You're the guy who can't handle a debate. For a guy who claims to be a journalist, you are astonishingly quick to block someone from countering your claims.

Only someone unsure of his positions would block another's access to a common forum.

David B. Dancy said...

No Slapzz says- "What are you afraid of"

Nothing- you are in cyberspace.

No Slapzz says- "you're the guy who can't handle a debate".

Is that what that was? Actually Slappy I had a deadline. You see, the Thanskgiving holidays are quickly approaching which means all copy has to be submitted two days earlier than usual.I also raise a child. Juggling a healthy debate was impossible. But now, guess what?

I have time.

By the way, your responses lacked the neccesary decorum to be labeled a debate.

Slappy says- "Only someone unsure of his positions would block anothers access to a common forum".

This is not the school yard. I almost detect a bit of adolescence in that last sentence...hmmm a savvy thirteen yr old.

Remember

This forum is not common that is why you were blocked.

I am the boss here.

I also must maintain the integrity of Dancyscorner. You will be allowed to say whatever you want but I will have the benefit of time to respond. If I am not busy you will see a quick turnaround. As in immediate like tonight.
Respond
Learn more.

no_slappz said...

You wrote:

"No Slappz with his crack research crew took it upon themselves to launch an internet salvo. It was an attack on my post- As American As Apple Pie."

Yep. But, more accurately, an assault on its misleading nature and the unfortunate goal it aims for.

You wrote:

"I was under deadline early because of Thanksgiving; I also had to keep Barry Max. I simply could not dedicate the proper time to respond accordingly. They took liberty with very assumptive language, belittling my post and turning it into an indictment on the black community.
"
Why the lengthy explanation? It’s okay to say “I’m busy. I’ll respond in a day or two.” As to my post versus your post, well, your post was an indictment of the white community of today based on crimes that occurred in the distant past that were committed by people long dead. Thus, your intention is to encourage blacks to increase their animosity towards whites today based on events that have no connection or relevance to life in the present.

You wrote:

"I read their blog. One of them writes a paragraph and posts articles written by someone else. He claims he is an engineer but his profile says finance. He writes posts debunking the concept of 'Peak Oil'."

A couple of points. Blogs are for publicly expressing thoughts any way the blogger desires. As for my background, it goes like this. I have an undergraduate degree in engineering and I worked my way through college as an engineer. After college I studied finance and went to Wall Street.

You wrote:

"They are bored or obviously insane. They are beyond reproach. They are anonymous blowhards or soft. They blow."

You show that even your ad hominem attacks are lacking. So far you have shown that you cannot respond to the real issues I’ve raised, but to mask your inability, you take the standard route of attacking the person. That says a lot about your journalistic skills.

You wrote:

"My post As American As Apple Pie really got under their skin.
I will stand by what I wrote sans the geopolitical references that they attempted to introduce into the conversation; they tried the same with dire statistics on (human) Black pathologies. I will stick to the point that unnerved him/her."

and

"Lynching was a White American pastime."

Pastime? You mean like fans in the stands, box scores in the newspapers, celebrations when the home-team won? There was no Roman Coliseum in which blacks were lynched. The practice was illegal. Lynching was a crime. If it weren’t, there would have been a public forum for spontaneous hangings and other abuses. But obviously few lynchers were prosecuted.

Lynching happened. No one denies it. It is part of the past and there is no desire among whites to repeat it.

You wrote:

There is no defense.

No defense was presented. But by offering this statement you hope you can fool readers by giving the appearance of responding to statements purportedly made in defense of lynching. Nice try.

You partially copied:

"No Slappz said: "It always fascinates me when people are driven to dredge up the past"."

First, you truncated my sentence. You even added a period to give it the appearance of ending at its actual midpoint. In other words, when it comes to debate, you are dishonest.

I wrote:

“It always fascinates me when people are driven to dredge up the past for the purpose of maintaining divisions in the present.”

The meaning of my statement is miles away from the false impression you created with your deceptive omission.

You copied:

”No Slappz says "Fabrications do happen. Bizarre and unreal beliefs overcome reality each day"?”

You responded:

"I do not know what that means. I guess I could consult a witch doctor on the bizarre beliefs overcoming reality or take another toke. Or maybe just ask no slappz what the hell he meant."

I wrote:

"Furthermore, it's utterly irresponsible to include unverifiable claims published in newspapers a century ago. Perhaps the excerpt from the Vicksburg newspaper article is true. Perhaps it is an extraordinary exaggeration. Fabrications do happen. Bizarre and unreal beliefs overcome reality every day. OJ Simpson was acquitted of a double homicide, even though he slashed the throats of his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. That was only 13 years ago. Not a century ago."

To clarify. Newspaper accounts of spontaneous events are frequently erroneous. Moreover, even when the truth is on display, people will believe, or at least pretend to believe, pure nonsense. As I mentioned, OJ Simpson murdered his ex-wife and Ron Goldman, but many blacks refuse to acknowledge this obvious fact, even though the events occurred only 13 years ago and his guilt was confirmed by the facts at the time.

You partially copied:

"No Slappz says- " What value is there in in attempts to produce contemporary guilt...."

I actually wrote:

“But what value or advantage is there in attempts to produce contemporary guilt over actions no living person committed?”

At least in this attempt at deception you punctuated my sentence in a manner that informs readers you left off the second half. When you want to use someone’s statements against him, use the entire sentence if you can. But you should at least use the entire thought. Clearly it is easy to falsify or mislead with some quick and deceptive editing.

You responded to the modified question I did not ask with:

"There is no value; if you are guilty, do some soul searching."

Notwithstanding the fact that you answered your own question rather than mine, you answered your own question with a non-sequitur.

However, as for white guilt about lynchings, there is no documentation of it anywhere. But, if you believe successive generations of people should bear guilt for crimes they did not commit, what is your view of guilt among contemporaries and crime committed in the present? Is there any sense of guilt among blacks for OJ Simpson’s double homicide?

You partially copied:

”No Slappz says- "Meanwhile Federal prosecutors went overboard a few years ago to convict Martin de la Beckwith for some racist murders in like 1960"”

And added:

”de la Beckwith killed children- you may not know but it was little difficult to convict a white man for killing a black person in the 1960's unless it was Martin Luther King that is why he was tried several times. But while you are on the subject of overboard I think you should know Federal prosecutors do not work on boats.”

First, I am well aware of the difficulties of convicting some racist murderers in the South as late as the mid-1960s. However, the Constitution guarantees many rights to defendants.

Despite the safeguards, federal prosecutors found ways to subject de la Beckwith to double and triple jeopardy, in violation of his rights. The federal prosecutors nailed him, finally.

This episode was used to make a point. That point is this: the government was not willing to let him get away. Even though decades had passed, the government was not going to let him escape punishment. As I noted, “In other words, the pendulum has swung the other way.” That’s how the government went overboard.

You copied:

”No Slappz says: I think the subtext of your post is to give agreement to the notion that whatever problems beset the black community today, these problems can all be traced back to slavery or lynchings. Thus you support of Victimization Mythology.”

You responded:

"”I cannot' give agreement to a notion' whatever that is. But I can document a barbaric practice and put it in the proper perspective.”"

You went well beyond documentation and the establishment of a “proper perspective”. You created an emotional climate that is aimed at stimulating anger today over crimes from the past. Meanwhile, a “notion” is an “idea or belief.” Thus, I think you agree with the idea or belief that all of today’s black issues are linked to slavery and lynchings.

You wrote:

“I am convinced your childlike sensibilities were threatened by the sheer brutality of the acts I am also sure you have done a little research since I wrote the post. You also seem to be unaware of hate crime statistics.”

Again, your insight is nonexistent. What threat exists from crimes committed a century ago? They are no more threatening than nazi atrocities or the atrocities committed during the Spanish Inquisition.

As for hate-crime statistics, well, I’ve seen them as long as they’ve been available. I gather it will surprise you to learn that blacks commit hate crimes at a higher rate than other racial groups. Moreover, white hate crimes are less violent and rarely involve murder.

You wrote:

“No slappz says: But contemporary problems in the black community are self-generated, self inflicted.”

You analyzed and concluded:

"Community-group of people
Self- individual
Do you see where I am going? Communities cannot act as individuals. I am sure there are people within, what you call the black community, who can perform a self-generated or self-inflicted act. That was such a lame sentence - for the whole world to see."


By your response you have demonstrated a poor grasp of grammar, usage and composition. There are lots of other examples, but you raised this one.

The subject of my sentence is “contemporary problems.” It is followed by the restrictive phrase, “in the black community.” My sentence states that the contemporary problems are self-inflicted problems. Adding the restrictive phrase identifying the black community merely clarifies where the wounded reside. The sentence passes the grammar test.

You copied:

”No Slappz says- "It might be worth noting that six million jews were exterminated"”

You observed:

”I agree, it might be. If the post was on genocide or The Holocaust I would revisit the tragic events.”

Once again, you hope to mislead. I mentioned the Holocaust and the subsequent rebound of Jews to provide an example of a much more recent human tragedy that its survivors have already overcome.

Meanwhile, you characterized lynchings as evidence of a desire for racial genocide. In other words, my comparison is valid.

You wrote of whites and their attitude toward lynching:

“They were all indoctrinated to believe it was o.k.”

You claim the following about today’s America:

”This is the America that gave a race of people PTSD”

Hence, you have stated my point in clear terms. You believe the past controls the present, which means it also controls the future. Since we cannot change the past, we are, according to you, traveling into the future on a fixed path, to a destination we cannot change. You are predicting and expecting more disaster.

Meanwhile, you are claiming that contemporary blacks suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder without having first suffered the Trauma. In other words, you believe in the mythology of victimization. As though trauma is passed along in one’s DNA.

You suggested:

”I suggest you read a little WEB Du Bois”

I have a passing familiarity with his work and I do own a copy of The Souls of Black Folk which I read years and years ago. However, it is his theories on black criminality that are most interesting these days.

Since you like the idea of using the past as the basis for contemporary action, you will find Du Bois’ summary statement on black crime of interest.

He says that black crime surged as blacks adjusted to freedom after the end of slavery. He concluded that blacks engaged in crime because they did not know how to act in a free society. He offered this conclusion decades after slavery had ended.

If a prominent white sociologist issued a similar opinion about the causes of black social problems today, what would be the response?

David B. Dancy said...

I know there are lot of people on the sidelines that want a piece of Slappy er No Slappz but he is mine. This will go down as one of the epic battles in cyberspace. I will surely add to an already legendary status.
I will respond to this lengthy reply in my post tommorow. "A Response to Slappy's Weak Defense.
Stay tuned

fairlane said...

I'm not trying to steal your thunder Dave, but I have a question.

Not to sound "Elitist" or anything, but how many "Engineer (Slash) Financiers" do you know who use Dial-Up?

I was just wondering because a certain Engineer (Slash) Financier we all know and love uses AOL.

By coincidence, my father is an engineer, and one of his brothers owns an engineering firm. I also have an uncle who works as an investment banker in Manhattan. Not one of them uses AOL because they use their computers for business, and Dial-Up is unreliable and slow.

Oh, this "Mystery Person" also responds at various times throughout the day (Morning, Afternoon, and Evening), and it's always from a Dial-Up connection. How many "Financial" Firms, or Engineering Firms for that matter, use Dial-Up?

I'm pretty sure zero is the correct answer.

Carry on Dave, you are handling this like a pro.

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://onlinemariogames.net